The skin pack is dedicated to the planes of the 47th 'dokuritsu' chutai (wich became 467th sentai in 1943) located in Malaya in 1941-1942. The chutai was supplied with preserie aircrafts. Some Ki44-I were delivered in 1942 to replace some planes lost in combat.
The pack includes :
- 2 planes of the 1st shotai including the personnal plane of Cpt. Yasuhiko Kuroe (single strap on the fin).
- 2 plane of the 2nd shotai including a heavy paint chipped skin (certainly not historical).
- 2 planes of the 3rd shotai.
- 1 skin for one of the Ki44-I wich were supplied in 1942. Note the hinomarus on the fuselage, the new size and location of the fuselage stipe as well as the n°13 on the fin wich indicate the serial number of the plane (actually 113).
- Highlander for his template wich was a good starting point.
- Shoki and Père Magloire for supplying me with helpfull documentation.